++ How to Recover from a Few Days of Eating Awful:
+ Sweat it out: that’s right. Don’t make excuses- it’s more effective to force yourself out of bed & sweat it all out, as opposed to lounging around.
+ Example of a recovery meal plan:
- Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal + blueberries + cinnamon + Truvia + rice/almond milk.
- Snack: watermelon or grapefruit slices [ these are both 92 & 91 % water ].
- Lunch: an open-faced sandwich [ that means one slice ; ))) & I prefer 7 carb Oasis bread ] with spicy mustard, sliced tomatoes, chili flakes, lettuce, & organic turkey [ toasted ].
- Snack: one apple, sliced with two scoops of a nut butter.
- Dinner: load me up with veggies! Tonight will be an arugula salad with watermelon chunks, avocado, beets, broccoli, celery, orange bell pepper & cucumber slices with a sliced egg on top [ dressing a bit of red wine vinegar, EVOO, fresh lemon, garlic, & Italian seasoning ].
Dessert: fresh berries with squeezed lemon on top or a small piece of dark chocolate.
+ Water [ + some coffee & tea ]: drink as much water as possible. Coffee [ with a splash of soy + cinnamon + nutmeg ] gives me a nice jolt. More than one cup & I turn into a full-blown maniac- lol. Green tea is full of antioxidants AND speeds the metabolism!
Sooooo…stop the self-criticism BS & do something productive about it!
- Lauryn Evarts