Do you envy those runners gracefully making their way down your street? Running is a great way to burn calories, but it can be hard to start if you are a beginner! Here are tips to make running easier and more fun.
If you are new to running or are just starting out, allow yourself time to build-up your endurance. Don’t expect to lace up your sneakers for the first time and think that you’re going to run very far or very long. Set real and achievable goals and expectations for yourself. Try choosing a plan that alternates running and walking.
Download Music that Makes You Want to Move!
Music is a quick way to get motivated. Upbeat and high tempo music makes you want to get up and move, and it helps keep the heart pumping. Research shows that an upbeat song can help you run further, faster, and stronger.
Run with Your Best Friend (animal or human)
If you have another person to run and chat with, it will help take your mind off of the miles that are looming ahead of you. Dogs don’t wear watches, so they’re happy to run at any time, even super early in the morning when no one else in their right mind would be awake!
Who doesn’t love presents? When you meet the goals you’ve set, reward yourself with something you’ve been wanting. There are so many ways to reward yourself that do not involve food, and not all of them have to involve money.
Ways to Reward Yourself (That Don’t Involve Food)
- Take time for yourself. Even if it’s just 30 minutes, do something just for you with no interruptions. Read a book, listen to music, go for a walk or hike or watch a move.
- Get a pedicure or a manicure. If you can’t afford to pay for one, just do your own. You will feel better and look better!
- Buy a new piece of clothing or shoes. New running shoes or clothing will help to keep you motivated to hit the streets!
- Get a massage or a spa treatment. This is a great reward for pushing yourself during your workouts!
- Plan a movie night with your family or friends. Or plan a fun girl’s night out!
- Treat yourself to a new book or a new cookbook with healthy recipes. Then take some alone time to enjoy your new read!
- Download new running music to keep you motivated throughout your run!
- Sign up for a new class. Try a new craft class, a healthy cooking class, photography, pottery, exercise, etc. This is another reward you can get creative with and really enjoy the time learning something new. Sign up with a friend, sister, daughter, or your mom.
Latest posts by Wendy (see all)
- Reset Your Metabolism And Your Health With Cleanses - October 7, 2016
- Discover The Benefits Of A Home Workout - September 28, 2016
- Drinking Water Can Help With Weight Loss - September 16, 2016