Getting Rid of Those Pesky Love Handles

by Rachelle on April 14, 2015

A study was performed where a group of 24 adults did seven abdominal exercises, five days a week for six weeks, and they did not lose any belly fat, or fat anywhere on their bodies. Side PlankThis is because about 80% of your ability to reduce your excess body fat is determined by what you eat, with the other 20% related to fat burning exercise and other healthy lifestyle habits.

To make initial changes to your midsection, you should begin by evaluating your diet. If your diet is based on sugar and/or fructose and processed junk food, your chances of getting rid of your love handles in favor of flat, ripped abs are quite slim (even if you work out religiously). You will not see defined abs unless you reduce your overall body fat, and a poor diet will cause your body to hold on to excess fat. Two dietary tips that will influence your midsection:

  • Reducing or eliminating sugar from your diet. This includes all forms of sugar and fructose, whether refined or “all-natural” such as agave or honey, as well as all grains (including organic ones), as they quickly break down to sugar in your body.
  • Increasing healthy fats in your diet, such as coconut oil and animal-based omega-3’s.

By avoiding processed foods in general, and focusing instead on whole, preferably locally grown organic foods that you cook at home, you can sidestep one of the greatest dietary obstacles there is today. If you have reduced or eliminated your sugar intake, and are looking to take the next step towards fitting in those favorite jeans of yours, try some of these exercises:

Bicycle Crunch:

  1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your hands behind your head. Do not clasp your hands together.
  2. Engage your abs, lifting your shoulders and upper back off of the ground. At the same time, move your right elbow toward your left knee so that they meet in the middle of your body.
  3. Next, switch your position by bringing your left elbow to your right knee. Continue as quickly as possible while still keeping your torso raised up off the ground.
  4. Perform 30 Bicycle Crunches.

Russian Twist:

  1. Begin in a seated position with bended knees and flat feet.
  2. Lean back slightly with a strong straight back and get into a comfortable position, contracting your abdominal muscles.
  3. Stretch your arms out in front of you and twist the torso from side to side (for more intensity, tap the floor to the right of your hip and then the left side).
    To further increase difficulty, lift your feet off the floor or use a weighted medicine ball in your hands.
  4. Perform 50 Russian Twists.

Side Plank Hip Dips:

  1. Start in a side plank position with your elbows touching the ground.
  2. Drop your hips to touch the floor as you inhale and exhale while bringing them back up.
  3. Perform 30 Side Plank Hip Dips (15 on each side).


Health Contributor at Creative Bioscience
Hi I'm Rachelle, or "Elle" for short. I am a busy body, but always been a plus sized kinda girl. I've learned that my curves are sexy, and I can feel good about how I look without looking like a stick! I'm a work-a-holic and stay as active as I can with lots of projects, so I have to prioritize my health choices. Working for Creative Bioscience has opened my eyes to what you can do to supplement your diet, and manage things in a natural way. The advances that are being made in the health arena are so exciting, and we are on the front lines bringing the best of the best. Rachelle's favorite product is hCG 1234

Latest posts by Rachelle (see all)

Shares 0

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: